What to Bring to a Furnished Home
Want to know what to bring to a furnished home? While every Zeus home comes stocked with the basics, there are likely a few things you’ll want to bring along to make the home feel more like you. We’ve hosted residents for over 1M nights and, in the process, we’ve learned a lot about what items they bring or buy to add to their Zeus home. Read on to take a look at our packing and shopping suggestions, directly from our residents to you.
- Personal touches: While we outfit our homes with the basics, our residents make their stay even more comfortable by bringing candles, plants, photos, books, or flowers.
- Chargers: In every Zeus home, you’ll find outlets and charging ports. Bring your phone and computer chargers to stay connected while you’re on the go.
- Pet leashes and toys: If your fur family is joining you, remember to bring along leashes, beds, food, and toys to keep them comfortable.
- Cooking supplies: We stock our kitchens with basic cooking supplies, but some residents like to bring their most-used cooking utensils, like a cheese grater or vegetable peeler.
- Specialty appliances: You’ll find microwaves, toasters, and coffee makers in our kitchens. But if you can’t live without your air fryer or crockpot, bring it with you.
- Groceries: Having a kitchen is one of the perks of staying in a furnished home. To take advantage, you’ll need groceries, including the basics like cooking oil and spices. Don’t forget the coffee!
- Dish scrubber: While all of our kitchens have sponges, some residents like to bring a scrubber for a deeper clean.
- Food storage containers: A frequent addition for our residents—bring food storage containers to prep food and store leftovers.
- Blanket: Your bed will be outfitted with comfortable linen, pillows, and a comforter, but you can make your bed more personal by bringing a favorite blanket.
- Storage containers: If you’ll be staying with us for a while, storage containers for seasonal items or things you’ve collected during your stay could come in handy.
- Toiletries: Our bathrooms are stocked with the basics (a toothbrush holder, towel set, and a hairdryer), but bring your personal toiletries with you.
- Shower caddy: Bring a caddy to keep your shower or bath essentials, like soap, shower gel, shampoo, and scrubbers organized and close by.
- Cleaning supplies: We provide a broom, a vacuum, surface cleaners, and a toilet brush, but if you like to spend your Saturday mornings scrubbing, consider additional supplies, like mops and cleaning cloths.
Staying in a furnished home can save you time and money since you won’t have to purchase any big-ticket items, but bringing a handful of personal items can add to the quality of your stay. While these are the most popular items our residents add to our homes, what you bring is highly personal. Before you start your packing list, check out what comes in a Zeus home.