What Is Corporate Housing?
Are you wondering what corporate housing is? Corporate housing may be the solution for your next company business trip or become a host.
You may have come across corporate housing when searching for accommodations, but what is it, exactly? And what is a corporate house style like?
At its core, corporate housing is temporary lodging that is:
- Fully furnished (e.g., appliances, dishware, towels, bedding, furniture)
- Available for short to longer-term visits
According to a Corporate Housing Providers Association report, the average stay in 2017 in the United State s was 78 nights. Stays usually range between two to four months. Often, corporate housing is regarded as a cost-efficient alternative to hotels. Thus, the style reflects the long-term housing needs of individuals that rely on this specific model.
The largest demographic of corporate housing users are those relocating, making up 33% and 31% of the client base in the U.S. and Canada, respectively. This category generally describes individuals testing out new neighborhoods during the sale of their current house or their search for a new one. Corporate housing allows these prospective tenants to “test out” a neighborhood prior to committing it.
Are you wondering how to find a job in another state before moving there? Then know that you can explore your options without any risk!
Additionally, while relocating executives make up the bulk of corporate housing occupants, corporate housing appeals to professionals in various industries, including:
- And more!
However, the clientele isn’t limited to professionals. Corporate housing has also become a popular choice for interns, students, travelers, or even individuals seeking a temporary housing arrangement while their home is being renovated.
For stays that extend beyond a short visit (usually a minimum of 30 days), corporate housing can be your home away from home. And, living in a small hotel room can start to feel restrictive quite quickly. When you’re away for extended periods of time, you want to experience the same conveniences you do in your own house—laundry, homemade meals, amenities, etc.
In addition to a washer, dryer, and a fully equipped kitchen, corporate housing can also offer:
- Gym access
- Pool access
- Grocery delivery
- Housekeeping services
Most corporate apartments have all their fees included in the price, including:
- Telephone service
Say goodbye to hidden fees and additional charges! Moreover, you can enjoy the luxury and ease of a hotel without the hefty costs. A corporate apartment is the best of both worlds and an optimal option for an extended stay.
When looking for housing beyond the standard realm of hotels, there are usually plenty of options available. But what is the distinction between corporate housing and furnished housing? Firstly, furnished housing can cater to shorter stays (with weekly or even daily rates), as opposed to (generally) longer-term use of corporate housing.
The differences, however, don’t end there.
For example, we can look at Airbnb as a standard furnished housing option:
- Standards – The vagueness of “furnished” housing is indicative of the difference in experience when compared to corporate housing. Furnished can signify a partially or fully furnished living space. There is no uniform standard, which also applies to the house rules. As a resident of various landlords’ homes, you are subject to their rules without specific guidelines for all properties to follow.
- Liability – The regulation regarding companies like Airbnb is still murky. Should a problem arise, there is no precedence to offer a sense of security to either party, as opposed to corporate housing, which has an established and recognized business model.
- Legal Restrictions – Viewed as a short-term form of accommodation, Airbnb is subject to rental laws. For any stays less than thirty days, guests must pay a hospitality tax, as if it were a hotel lodging. After thirty days, they are subject to rental laws. Corporate housing is under the jurisdiction of real estate law, which provides tenants and owners more protection.
- Environment – Unlike corporate housing, Airbnb offers the option to stay in the homes of landlords that still reside on the premises, sometimes sharing the space. This welcomes more instability in the ambiance, whereas corporate housing offers total privacy.
The choice between corporate and furnished housing, however, largely depends on the type of experience you’re interested in. Furthermore, the type of traveler you are plays a significant role in this decision as well.
Now you know the answer to “What is a corporate house”, but how do you go about finding the right place for you? As with any component of traveling, you can easily conduct an online search. You’ll undoubtedly find a lot of housing options. But it can quickly become overwhelming.
We advise you to look into a corporate housing company. They can provide guidance and consultation, pairing you with the perfect property. Typically, with an online presence, you can check out their reviews and credentials to gauge the quality of their services.
Don’t let yourself get stressed—review 8 Tips for Finding Short Term Corporate Housing instead.
If you’re in the market for a corporate housing company, consider Zeus Living. Offering beautiful furnished studios, apartments, and homes in multiple bustling metros, the Zeus team are experts in comfortable, work-wired corporate housing.
Zeus Living has cozy furnished homes for your next stay in:
- Los Angeles
- New York Metro Area
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Washington, D.C.
You can rest easy knowing that you can choose a house that fits your budget, lifestyle, and needs. To provide the best experience possible, they pledge:
- Guaranteed Quality – Zeus inspects, furnishes, and tests each location themselves, ensuring that you’ll love your stay.
- Thoughtful Design – Since they take the time to furnish each home personally, they curate their designs for functionality—which includes essential homecare items from spoons to detergent to mattresses—and a peaceful ambiance.
- Well-Provisioned Housing – Not limited to furniture selection, each home is stocked with essentials like dream linens, locally roasted coffee, and lightning-speed internet connection.
- A Stress-Free Process – After a busy day of work or school, the last thing you want to worry about is a clogged sink. Enjoy the convenience of helpful touches like on-call support staff, self check-in, and transparency throughout your whole experience with Zeus Living.
Zeus is a company that strives to make the entire experience of your stay—from the booking process to your check-out—as hassle-free as possible.
While researching corporate housing, you may have come across the option to get involved yourself. To that end, what is corporate housing by the owner of a home? Take a look at all the available listings online. Could you imagine your house up there, too?
Do you travel often? Barely use your property? Consider renting your home through corporate housing. Instead of dealing with strangers and worrying about the behavior of your guests, you could work with a corporate housing company.
By partnering with professionals, you’ll experience several advantages:
- You’ll receive your pay on-time every time—no matter what. You won’t ever have to worry about someone skipping out on rent or causing any complications.
- Leave the unknown variables to them. The company will conduct rigorous screenings on potential clients. This way, you already have a vetting process in place. It’s one more step that guarantees the safety of your homestead.
- Don’t waste your valuable time managing each rental. Do you have time to spare to monitor the comings and goings of your guests? To hire and schedule a cleaner? To advertise your property? All of those timely transactions can be handled by a company like Zeus Living.
- There’s no need to act as the landlord. With a local field team to keep an eye on and maintain your property, you won’t have to be responsible for dealing with headaches as they arise. Leave the landlording to them.
If this piques your interest, learn more about How to Rent My House to Corporate Housing!
Once you experience corporate housing, you might never go back to overpriced hotels and the complicated process of renting a property on your own. For your next trip, try corporate housing and find out what all the fuss is about. Conversely, if you have a property to rent, you can let the professionals deal with the nuances and sit back while you get paid!
Minimize the stress and anxiety of planning a long trip by giving corporate housing a chance. Not only can you save money, but you can save time. If you’re about to embark on your first business trip, you can review our list of the essential 12 First Business Trip Tips to Set You Up For Success.
Alchemy. Airbnb vs Housing.
Corporate Housing Providers Association. Key Findings.